Paparrazi Mom

Paparrazi Mom

Monday, January 20, 2014

Window....

WINDOW??? Hmmmm.... I will admit, I was very uninspired by this week's Weekly Photo Challenge theme. I tried. I really did. I actually have some window pictures that I attempted, but in the end, I just wasn't feeling it. Do you know what I mean? I guess some week's will just be like that.

Never fear, though! The creative juices were flowing in another direction!

Our little Hannah turned FIVE this week! (CRAZY, I know!) That meant all of my creativity was channeled into a PARTY; specifically, a Spa PARTY. Our little birthday girl got to invite 7 little friends over for Manis, Pedis, Facials, and Fun!

Hannah is definitely a girlie-girl. So, it was so fun to throw a PARTY perfectly suited to her personality. She was very involved in the planning and details; right down to the magazines and PARTY favors. The idea originally came from one of her favorite books, Fancy Nancy Ooh La La! It's Beauty Day, by Jane O'Connor and Robin Preiss Glasser (There is a whole series of these fancy books, and they are a must read for girlie-girls). A lot of the PARTY details were taken directly from this story. Hannah, of course, has the book memorized. So, she made sure no detail was forgotten.

I had so much fun planning with her, and I hope it was everything she dreamed of!






Happy Birthday to our Sweet Girl!!!! We love you more than words!



PARTY Details:
Spa Printables provided by:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SIMONEmadeit?section_id=7932505

The girls were treated to relaxing Pedicures complete with their own soaking tubs, pedicure sets, and slippers. They passed the time reading magazines or resting their eyes with silky sleep masks before having their toes painted (their color of choice) by my wonderful Spa helpers. 

We then moved on to the Manicure table. The girls re-hydrated with Spa Water and Pink Lemonade. Their little hands softened and re-hydrated in another relaxing soaking bowl. Once they each had their fingers painted with precision, it was time to eat! 

Only the finest Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwiches were served with fruit, veggies, and, of course, Pirate Booty! 

The fun continued with homemade facials made of strawberries, bananas, oatmeal, yogurt, and honey. The girls were especially giddy about the cucumber slices for their eyes. Hilarious!

Finally, we let the girls make their own Ice Cream Sundays! It really is amazing the joy that Rainbow Sprinkles can evoke! We also had Strawberries, Chocolate Sauce, Whip Cream and Cherries! So easy 
and super fun!

We are so grateful for sweet friends and the time we got to share with them!






Until next week...PARTY on!
















1 comment: